Gareth J. Edwards
With more than 20 years’ experience in Microsoft technologies, I’ve worked in a variety of businesses from local government to multi-national corporations in Australia and the UK. I am driven to create smoother, more efficient business processes and believe that if a task needs to be repeated, it should be automated.
Industry Experience and Key Skills
- Microsoft Automation with PowerShell and C#
- Microsoft Windows and Infrastructure from Windows NT 3.51 onwards
- Microsoft Exchange from version 4.0 onwards
- Team Management and Mentoring
- High Level Solution Design
- Process Design and Implementation
Professional Qualifications & Memberships
- Bachelor of Engineering with honours from University College London – B.Eng. (Hons)(Lon)
- Member of the British Computer Society - MBCS
- ITIL v2 Foundations
PowerShell Cherwell Module:
Written a PowerShell module to allow Cherwell tasks to be automated using scripted solutions.
Created semi-automated solutions for user on- and off-boarding using GUI forms for multiple customers. These solutions can be tailored to the needs of a customer and can be automated using different input methods.
User Information Panel
Created a user facing application in C# to find basic computer details ease the process of logging an incident. This is currently deployed across multiple customers and is included in default PC OS builds.